Coco Chanel once said, ” A girl should be two things, classy and fabulous. I wholeheartedly agree, and when you add the color pink + suiting, it equals nothing but class. There is something so perfect about the color pink, it’s the epitome of feminity & just adds a special touch to any outfit! This look combines two of my favorite things the color pink & french girl style. That’s why I love this little dose of French girl styling by J.Crew.
French Girl Style
French women are known for their innate & effortless sense of style; they possess a certain Je ne sais quoi. According to Garance Dore, French fashion blogger & style expert “The key is to not give in to trends, but rather find classic pieces that suit your body type.”French style is about the silhouette, the fit, and clean lines. Instead of the clothes making the woman, in French style the woman makes the clothes.
French Style Reads
If you know me then you know I love a good style book my favorite stylish french girl style books are:
- Love x Style X Life by Garance Dore
- Parisian Chic by Ines de la Fressange
- Paris Street Style: A Guide to Effortless Chic by Isabelle Thomas
I’ve added each and every one of these books to my collection, and the top 3 French girl style tips are:
1. Invest in Classic Pieces
- Invest in a classic blazer, a suit that can take you from day-to-night, or a classic bag that will last you for years.
2. Style is all about the subtleties
- It’s all in the details. An all-black outfit or all pink outfit may look plain, until you add texture, edgy fit, or even a signature accessory.
3. Embrace your imperfections and your cool
- It’s about embracing your own beauty, imperfections, and rocking them!
Outfit Style details: Blazer, Pants, Heels, Kate Spade watch (old), J.Crew Pave Bracelet, Quay High Key Shades, Rebecca Minkoff Bag (old)
Photography by Lavish Moments Photography
Thank you for stopping by love!