It’s officially Spring and I’m already ordering my Spring wardrobe, mostly online. I’m checking a few of my favorite sites, and also have found some new ones. One of the easiest things to shop for, in my opinion, are dresses. They are my go-to when it comes to my corporate attire. Why? Simple, they are a complete outfit and all I have to do is add shoes, and accessories to finish the look.
Style Tips based on your work environment
Don’t get me wrong, I love a good suit, but I also believe that corporate chic isn’t only suiting. I believe in diversifying your wardrobe like you diversify your portfolio. It should be an expression of your personality, but more importantly appropriate for your work environment.
If you work in…
- A Creative environment then you can incorporate a myriad of colors, silhouettes like high-low, handkerchief hems, and fabrics. I love a good peplum hem and a jersey knit fabric.
- A Casual environment then you can have a more laidback but still polished approach to your wardrobe. Think casual meets creative jeans with a blazer & tee. You can also wear a dress.
- A Corporate environment while you can experiment with a few silhouettes you want to keep a staple blazer, blouse or pencil skirt to anchor your look. If it’s a dress then add a cardi or jacket.
I love this dress because it’s the best of both worlds and fits every work environment whether it’s creative, corporate or casual.
How I’d style this dress for your work environment
- For the Creative environment, I’d add a leather jacket in navy or black with a colored block heel.
- For a Corporate environment, I would add a blazer like my favorite one from J.Crew or Banana Republic with a pointy-toe patent pump.
- For the Casual work environment, you can pair this dress with a longline vest or duster from Forever 21.
Spoiler Alert: Although this dress is Sold Out, I’ve listed a lot of great dress alternatives and additional outfit suggestions in the ‘Shop My Look.’
SHOP THE LOOK
Thank you for stopping by, love.
Sign up for email updates from me!